Puppy scam from Africa
  • I was looking for a Siberian Husky puppy for myself an family, I noticed an advert 5 puppies free to good homes as owner moving back to the USA, it was ideal as the person advertising them lived in Cambridge just 14 miles away from where I live. I kept e-mailing her as it would have been easy for me to pick up the puppy, when I finally got a phone number I called and was told that she was on the way up to Aberdeen with the puppies to a dog show and that if I really wanted one she would have it shipped to me, the nexr e-mail I recieved was from the so called shipping firm saying that I needed to pay £150 otherwise the puppy couldn't continue it's journey, in hind sight I was an idiot because I payed it, I couldn't stand the thought of the puppy being stuck any where. I was told that the puppy was on the way to Newcastle pet centre to be checked over and if every thing was OK it would be on it's way , 2 hours later I recieved an e-mail saying that the insurance covering the puppy for travelling had run out and if I payed £1500 for the cover to get the puppy to me I would be re-embersed the money when the puppy was delivered safely, as I didn't have that sort of money. My husband looked on the internet and found out that the shipping firm was running a scam and that the puppy owner was in it with them. She called herself Josie Molton, when I contacted her and the pet centre to tell them that I was arranging my own insurance to cover the travel of the puppy everything went very quiet and I haven't heard from them since, that was yesterday. I wont be caught again . If you see the name Josie Molton advertising puppies stay well clear. If you are ever asked to send money by Western Union to the Cameroon DON'T.
  • Yes you are an idiot. Please do not have children. How can any intelligent person fall for such obvious bull. Hahhhahah,good that you lost money let that be a lesson to you to think before you leap.....other thread is even better, many many people that should be deprived of fertility so the do not pollute the gene pool
  • This is crazy I had my heart set on getting the puppies, but somthing told me to do my research...I called the USDA/AND Pblic health they said this is a scam no animals have ever came in from cameroon EVER!!!

Here is the reply email I got after my puppy inqury...

Hello
    Thanks for your interest in adopting this my lovely babies they are still available . i am just so concerned about their welfare and hope you can assure me of that.they home raised, potty trained and well socialized and gets along perfectly with children and other pets.they are pure breed Maltese and AKC registered.their weighs is for the male he is 2.4ibs and the female is 2.5lbs will be approximately 4.2ibs full grown.they are updated on all her shots and will come along with a year health guarantee each.they loves to be carried around and cuddled and full of caressing and kisses. they comes alongside the following
    - A year health guarantee
    -AKC registration papers
    -Pedigree papers
    -Vet record
    -Food samples
    -Puppy toys
    The reason i am giving them out is because they was for me only daughter but she died just some few weeks back of a car accident when she was coming back from school so i don't like see them around me again now because they drive me to think of my daughters dead that is why i will like to give them out for adoption.they really need a home where they will be provided with all their love, care and attention they are being deprived of here.the price list for the that i need from you is as

however,I will be shipping them from Cameroon Where I am located and i asked the airport if they will be fine with shipping and they said yes . i can have them shipped to you if you can assure me that you will take proper care of them but, answering to the below questions

What state are you located.................?
    Have you kids.......................... ....?
    Do you have other pets......................?
    Have you ever had a Maltese puppy before......?
    Do you promise to take proper care of them............?
    Will provide pictures so i see how they are doing........?
    Thanks so much and get back to me if you think you can provide a good home for them
    Regards
  • Ha!! LOOK...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello
    Thanks very much for your concern, they are very playful and will be coming with their vet check papers and some health guarantee so you will like them because they are very friendly to both pets and kids.when the will be fully gowned up they will be 3.4or 3.5ibs just like their parents they will becoming with a hand menu that will help you ease their growing up.I asked their vet Doctor if the will be okay with shipping and he said they are fit to be shipped now .for their shipping all you will have to pay is $340 for both and as soon as you agree on paying that i will proceed with the plans how soon will you need them.below is some pics of them hope you will like and take very good care of them,Before we can proceed with shipment i will need the following information from you so that i will know where i am shipping them to.

1.) First Name:
    2.) Surname:
    3.) Home Address:
    work address
    4,) City:
    5.) State:
    6.) Zip code:
    7.) House Phone Number:
    8.) Cell Phone Number:
    9.) Nearest Airport:

With all this information i will know weather you will like them shipped to you home address or to your airport..so just let me know when you will be able to take them.then i will give to you my payment address so that you can pay the money for their fare, my cell number is +237 99 33 07 08 i will be waiting.
    Thanks
  • Hi
    I live in Australia & was looking for a puppy free to good home.
    A lady emailed me saying she had a puppy she was looking for a good home for.
    She lives in a different state to me.
    We emailed back & forth for a while & she told me she had the puppy at a agency up the road from her place waiting for it to be put on the next available flight to me.
    I asked her for the agency number so i could contact them to make sure all arrangements for the puppy were up to date & she gave me a number to call in Cameroon the head office of this agency.
    She was asked to pay $50.00 for the delivery charges, then she was asked to pay another $50.00 for food for the puppy.
    She then contacted me saying that the agency told her she had to pay $250.00 so the puppy could be xrayed before being transported to me to make sure the puppy was free of any disease etc.
    That didnt sit well with me so i called my local vet & a friend who works as a quarentine officer at an airport in her state & asked them if the puppy needed to be xrayed before being transported to me.
    They both told me the puppy DID NOT have to be xraye at all.
    Ok so i contact this lady & tell her she has been lied 2 by this agency & asked her for the number.
    The number she gave me is :+23796108711 she said this was the agencies head office.
    I called the number and had a very verbal nasty convo with the so called head of the agency telling him he had lied about the puppy needing to be xrayed & told him to put the puppy on a flight to me immediately.
    Well as you would have it he then said to me that i would have to pay $75.00 so that they can make flight reservations for the puppy.
    I emailed this lady back and asked her if the puppy really existed & was told that the puppy was real & she was going to do everything she can to get the puppy to me.
    I told her that this agency & their head office was nothing but a scam to which she replied she wished she had known about it sooner.
    So far i have not paid out any money to these scam artists & will have to wait & see if i do infact get this puppy or if this lady is part of the scam as well.
    Authorities here in my country have told me that anything to do with Cameroon Africa is definately a scam & to steer clear of it.
    Just thought i would let you know my story of the Cameroon puppy scams.
  • Funny thing is their agency is in my country but the head office is in cameroon.
    Come to think of it this ladys english isnt so good either but she still insists that she will make sure the puppy is delivered to me.
    Anyway has any1 noticed that these scammers have very bad english lol i wonder if they understand what they are saying because i certainly dont.
  • This lady has said they wont hand over the puppy to her because she hasnt paid full amount for transportation lol she just emailed me telling me this.
    She says puppy has been registered to me but head office in cameroon is saying she hasnt paid for the registration yet.
    LOL i dont think they even know what they are doing or saying.
    Now that she knows this agency is a scam i cant help wonder why she is still borrowing money from her friends to pay this shonky agency to deliver the ? puppy ? to me.
    LOL it makes you really wonder just how gulible some people can be.
    But like i said i havent given a cent toward this puppy so we will wait to see if i in fact really do get this puppy afterall.
  • I just had a lady try to sell me a dog from Camroon as well. The funny thing is this was her story:
    The reason i am giving them out is because they was for me only daughter but she died just some few weeks back of a car accident when she was coming back from school so i don't like see them around me again now because they drive me to think of my daughters dead that is why i will like to give them out for adoption.they really need a home where they will be provided with all their love, care and attention they are being deprived of here.the price list for the that i need from you is as

however,I will be shipping them from Cameroon Where I am located and i asked the airport if they will be fine with shipping and they said yes . i can have them shipped to you if you can assure me that you will take proper care of them but, answering to the below questions

Have you ever had a Maltese puppy before......?
    Do you promise to take proper care of them............?
    Will provide pictures so i see how they are doing........?
    Thanks so much and get back to me if you think you can provide a good home for them
    Regards

This is the same note from above. Except in their situation it was a Yorkie I beleive, the dog I looked at was a Pom. DO NOT TRUST THIS E-MAIL! I HAVE REPORTED THEM ALREADY! PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THE SCAMMERS! (melong.gladys@yahoo.com) <--- E-MAIL THE SCAMMER USED!
  • Iwas looking for puppies and came along this FREE TINY POM advertisment in the penny saver....
    a "supposed LADY" answered back to me and the same STORY as everyone here...
    Something DID NOT FIT quite right... why would not anyone CLOSER would take the little CUTIES this person is GIVING AWAY?
    and make the trip ALLL the way from CAMEROON?
    i mean ...i am not paying...unless this person is REALLY RICH or something...
    and it looks like this LADY suffers from AMNESIA.
    how many ONLY daughters could she have...
    and how many puppies?
    in ARIZONA..
    in OHIO
    in NEW MEXICO...
    and on and on...
    how can we reporte this?
    yeah... melong gladys@yahoo.com....
  • i was about to buy a puppy from a lady from Cameroon

called Melong gladys , then after i sent a friend to verify that

she is real then a friend went to see her and truly she was

real she have 2 puppy Sady and Raina and she have Yorkie

in the past i never knew she was for real. but yesterday she

refuse to send the puppy to me that she have someone in the

state that is going to take the puppy that she choose her

because she is disable.
    i am sorry that i first accuse her without finding out please

that lady is for real.
    please you can find out again about her.
    her email is melong.gladys@yahoo.com
  • Same happened to me, i found the add at the penny saver USA, but luckily I did my research and they didn't get me.. this a copy of an email they sent me, apparently is always the same story, cant imagine someone lying about the death of their children:

"Thanks for your interest in adopting this my lovely
    baby she is still available . i am just so concerned
    about her welfare and hope you can assure me of that.she
    is home raised, potty trained and well
    socialized and gets along perfectly with children and
    other
    pets.she is pure breed Pomeranian and AKC registered.her
    weighs is is 2.5lbs will be approximately
    4.2ibs
    full grown.she is updated on all her shots and will come
    along with a year health guarantee each.she loves to be
    carried around and cuddled and full of caressing and
    kisses. she will comes alongside the following
    -AKC registration papers
    -Pedigree papers
    -Vet record
    -Food samples
    -Puppy toys
    The reason i am giving her out is because she was for my
    only daughter but
    she died just some few weeks back of a car
    accident when she was coming back from school so i
    don't
    like seeing her around me
    again now because she drive me to think of my
    daughters
    dead that is why i will like to give her out for
    adoption.she really need a home where she will
    be provided with all the love, care and attention she has
    being deprived of here.

however,I will be shipping them from Cameroon Where I
    am located and i asked the airport if she will be fine
    with
    shipping and they said yes . i can have her shipped to you
    if you can assure me that you will take proper care of her
    but, answering to the below questions

Have you ever had a Pomeranian puppy before......?
    Do you promise to take proper care of her............?
    Will provide pictures so i see how she is doing........?
    your cell phone number..................................................?
    Thanks"

By the way, her name was gladys melong!
  • I met this person too and was trick for $180 for paperwork and the airport ask me more money for the life insurance. But this is where made me stop...
  • Hi everyone,

Here's a link to our guide on how to spot Online Scams and how to avoid them.
  • This happened to me too. I dont know if shes real but she said il pay 85 USD and she'll pay for the rest but i think its a scam she said shes from cameroon

Thanks for your interest in adopting this my lovely
    baby she is still available . i am just so concerned
    about her welfare and hope you can assure me of that.she
    is home raised, potty trained and well
    socialized and gets along perfectly with children and
    other
    pets.she is pure breed Pomeranian and AKC registered.her
    weighs is is 2lbs will be approximately
    3.2ibs
    full grown.she is updated on all her shots and will come
    along with a year health guarantee each.she loves to be
    carried around and cuddled and full of caressing and
    kisses. she will comes alongside the following
    -AKC registration papers
    -Pedigree papers
    -Vet record
    -Food samples
    -Puppy toys
    The reason i am giving her out is because she was for my
    only daughter but
    she died just some few weeks back of a car
    accident when she was coming back from school so i
    don't
    like seeing her around me
    again now because she drive me to think of my
    daughters
    dead that is why i will like to give her out for
    adoption.she really need a home where she will
    be provided with all the love, care and attention she has
    being deprived of here.

however,I will be shipping them from Cameroon Where I
    am located and i asked the airport if she will be fine
    with
    shipping and they said yes . i can have her shipped to you
    if you can assure me that you will take proper care of her
    but, answering to the below questions

Have you ever had a Pomeranian puppy before......?
    Do you promise to take proper care of her............?
    Will provide pictures so i see how she is doing........?
    your cell phone number..................................................?
    Thanks
  • Hey everybody looks like Gladys has more puppys and is still letting her children die in car accidents. LMFAO Yes its a scam and please don't be suckered into sending her any money. I would like to thank all the people who posted there warnings about this fraud. Again thank you all and lets stay vigilent against these crimanals who prey on guilable and trusting people.

cdtwiring@atlanticbb.net
  • Its funny how all the scams are coordinated by people with incredibly bad spelling and grammar. That's one way that I always spot a scam. Use it, its fail-safe.
  • I just fell for this, thank god that we didnt send the money, she is also going as Amanda Jessica phone number 19708175335 which is based in Colorado not Africa. It really sucks because I just lost my husky puppy right before christmas from getting hit by a truck. So here is more info on this is. Sorry to those that did send the money.
  • They are also doing this for capuchin monkeys saying they are free for adoption but they will ship them using an agency out of texas. I then get some random email from a pet express movers saying they are waiting for my payment in order to ship the monkey. Now they wont stop calling my phone from that colorado number (970)817-5335 until I cussed them out and told them to go kill themselves for trying to screw people over. I was not dum enough to fall for it or send them any monney from the beginning, but wanted to continue it to see how far these idiots would go. Just watch out for these people and DO NOT give them any of your information. For they will use it against you. These idiots need to be tracked down and kicked out of our country or better yet shot.......

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged