Getting from Bloemfontein to Kruger National Park
  • Hello,

I am coming to Lesotho to visit my sister and we would like to do a Safari together. We'd like to know what is the best way to get from either Lesotho or Bloemfontein to Kruger Park or if there are any other Safari in the country that would be easier to get to.

Cheers Cynthia
  • The quickest way is to fly from Bloem to Joburg, then connect through to Hoedspruit which is very close to the Kruger. To drive from Bloem to Kruger (depending on which gate you are entering through) will take around 10 hours minimum.
  • Hello David

Thanks for your reply is there a shuttle bus from Johannesburg to Kroger? My sister doesn't want to drive all the way.

Cheers Cynthia
  • Xis - I am not aware of a shuttle bus. Remember that once you are at the Park you will need a car as it is a self-drive park. Unless you are on a tour in which case you can arrange to be collected from the airport. The camps get full quickly so you must book well in advance. I would rent a car from the airport. The drive is quite scenic.
  • You can always take the Greyhound or similar bus. Trip can get quite long but generally the busses are good.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion