Anyone actually been to Macedonia?
  • I've seen some amazing pictures from Macedonia, and am really intrigued about doing a trip there. Has anyone actually been and can share some experiences?
  • Yes, I lived in Macedonia in the past. A beautiful country with great people and some great untouched places to see. It has stood still in time, like a lost treasure, waiting to be found.

Terry
    Ireland
  • Terry, when did you live there? Any recommendations of where to go and what not to miss?
  • Hi Guys -

I have been living in Macedonia for the past year , I am origanaly from South-Africa ,
    Macedonia is indeed a fantastic place as Terry says :) , alot of history if you are into history..

To get around with Taxi's here is easy and very safe , not too expensive either compare to other EU countries..

I would strongly suggest to go visit places like Ohrid, Dojran, Skopje , Gevgelija( on the greek border) and Bitola for a good idea of Macedonian culture , history and the nice people!!

Hope this helps , please do feel free might there be more Q's

Regards

Jacob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged