Munich during Oktoberfest
  • I will be in Munich during the week of the Oktoberfest (beginning of October) and wonder if the city will be too chaotic? I have to be there for business and need to know if I will manage to get accommodation, transport etc.?
  • Accomodation and transport is not a problem if You accept 50-75Minutes rides on the Regional Railway/Subway to get to the Theresienwiese-Site of the Octoberfest. If You go to residential/business areas (Viktualienmarkt,Schwabing, Arabella-Park, English Garden...)there will be calm(sometimes robust) day-to-day Bavarian-Life. However, this years media-announcements of Islamic Terrorists have lead to tighten security controls. These are time-consuming and reacting vigorously in case of doubt.
  • Islamic Terrorits? Wow.... I thought Terrorists were just what the name said.... Terrorists.... Did we call the IRA Catholic Terrorists??? or the People who bomed David Hotel in Jerusalem in 1948 Jewish Terrorits?? ....
  • I don't think that they might be interest in such an event as Octoberfest:)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion