Best place to stay in Budapest?
  • Can anyone recommend a decent, good value hotel or pension in Budapest? I am want something close to the Danube, and in a traditional Hungarian style rather than a faceless international place. Under $150 per night for sure. I am a wine lover so can also recommend some must-buy Hungarian wines to drink and take back home? Thanks, BB
  • Hi Battaglia,

In Budapest the Danube area on the Pest side is the most expensive, but check these out:
    - www.charleshotel.hu this is on the Buda side but close to the danube
    - http://cityhotel-matyas-budapest.h-rez.com it has a very good location on the pest side
    - http://www.ohb.hu/judit/index.en.html
    - www.dominikpanzio.hu it is a basic panzio
    - www.medoszhotel.hu this is close to the center, walking distance to the danube
    - www.marcopolohostel.com it is a nice hostel

I am happy you love wine! Hungary has 22 wine regions and we produce excellent quality wines! what do you like the most? Every region has its specialty. I like the heavy red ones from Villany, or the fruity whites from the Balaton region, but one of the most famous vineyards are on the North-East in the Eger, Tokaj region. But also the small ones can surprise you. When do you plan to travel? It also worth to take a tour out to the vine yards.
    Its hard to recommend "some", we have a few well known wines like the TOKAJI, out of which the sweet aszu is the best, it is almost a liqueur wine. the Bulls Blood of Eger is also a well known dry red wine made after a protected receipt.

I would suggest to go on a wine tasting, there are several wine bars with tastings in the city, but most of them have tastings from 10 pax on. Go for a meal and wine in to the Borlabor restaurant, www.borlaboretterem.hu.
    http://www.palacecatering.hu/langs/angol/BRK_nyito.html - this is a bit out of the center, but worth a trip.
    here is another wine place in the castle district in Budapest:
    www.magyarborokhaza.hu
    There are a lot more, If you need more info or any other assistance, let me know!
    Enjoy Budapest!

with kind regards

Monika

monika.feher@yahoo.com
    www.exclusivetours.ro
  • Helo,
    There is a private accommodation available in the nice and quiet central location near Heroes' Square and Andrasy avenue. If you want more detalis, pleas contact me at ecocord1@yahoo.com
  • The best option is the flat rental!

There is one next to the river in the castle district:

www.budapestsecrtehome.hu
  • For me the best place is still the Budavar Pension www.budavar-pension.com which is a pension/bed and breakfast in an excellent location next to the Fishermen´s Bastion. The view from my room was great, overlooking the Parliament and the hosts were very nice.

Sandra
  • ARE THERE ANY OPPURTINITY FOR THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS TO WORK PART TIME IN BUDHAPEST DURING THE COURSE OF STUDY PERIOD.IF YES THAN PLEASE ANYONE CUD MENTION ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZ
  • Hello. I have my travel agency in Tirana , Albania. I would like to cooperate with some travel agency in Budapest to arrange travel for my costumers from Albania. If any one read my message please send your reply at my email : fiorifiori@live.com. Best Regards
  • Hello! It's always good to hear someone want to visit out country. I hope u will enjoy your stay. So, you are a wine lover, great! Than you must to taste the TOKAJI ASZU ! Don't forget to taste it! That is a sweet special wine! Im sure, you will like it! Everybody love it! :) Me too!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion