travel to san cristobal
  • i would like to travel alone to san cristobal to attend a language school/ homestay but my family thinks it would be unsafe as i speak little spanish . any advice about traveling to the area would be appreciated. thanks.
  • San Cristobal is a beautiful town, and a great place to learn spanish. I would however recommend you have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the language, because outside of the tourist-centre, no one speaks a word of english.

I survived with just a phrase book, but there were times when I just couldn't make myself understood. AND I stayed in a hotel in the centre. So either bring a very big phrase-book and prepare to make a fool of yourself, or learn some basics and the rest will come to you while you're over there.

Either way, I'm sure you'll love it.
  • Hi,

San Cristobal is one of the most popular places to study Spanish in Mexico. Hundreds of foreign visitors travel there every year without knowing a single word of Spanish. All the language schools have people who speka English, so you will not have a problem.

Lee
    Kumuka Worldwide
    www.kumuka.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion