altinkum vs bitez
  • can anyone advise which resorts around bodrum are best as a base to visit ephesus and pammukule. would like to make our own arrangements using hire car. cannot decide between altinkum, turgutreis or bitez. we do not like it anywhere too busy ie marmaris.
  • Sounds like you would really like Altinkum, as its a place where its not too busy like marmaris but at the same time you can enjoy nightlife and relax. Its only an hour away from bodrum and they do tours to ephesus and pammukule or you can hire a car and explore near by towns ie bodrum,pamukkale, kusadasi yourself as its not too far from Altinkum. You can also go on daily boat tours or go to Kos (Greece) for a day by boat. Locals are friendly and welcoming. Im sure you will enjoy your stay in Altinkum.

Oya
  • we have stayed in Bitez love it there chill out and enjoy stayed at the sirca appartments Deniz and his staff are great, you can get the bus to Bodrum it takes about 15 mins and go anywhere for there, Bodrum is also good at night life but it is nice to go back to Bitez!
  • have decided to stay in bitez at the summer garden apartments. has anyone else stayed here?
  • Hi can anyone tell me how to get from Kusadasi to Altinkum my husband and I want to spend a week in both resorts we would like to spend our first week in Kusadasi and then go to Altinkum fof the 2nd week.
  • The best way from Kusadsi to Altinkum would be to hire a car! The roads are fairly good along this part of the coast and you could stop off as you wished. The route past Lake Bafa is beautiful and in Bafa there's an olive oil factory to make a quick purchase and across the road a little cafe. If you did hire the car you could go under your own steam to Ephesus as well and get to the site museum in nearby Selcuk which most organised tours miss out. Lots of nice places to grab lunch as well in Selcuk.
    Otherwise it would be by bus - you'd be able to get information from Kusadasi bus station to find which companies travel between these two places.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged