Tour planning to Peru
  • Hi, I'm going to peru on march I know I have time but I want to have all plan so nothing can go wrong, I'm going with my sister and a friend and we are going to stay in peru 5 weeks we want to know all the important places in that time and that's why we want recommendations about which tours take or go by our own. Mom and dad are getting me crazy they say we should take tours to almost everything and well they search and found therir best option that it's www.totallyperu.com I think it is ok for the machu picchu and cusco tour but for the other places we need tours too? and what places do you recommend? we are thinking something like.
    Lima, Arequipa, Puno, Cusco, Lima. and then trujillo or the forest.
    Please some advice.
  • Believe it or not, you only have 4 months to plan ahead, and that is not a long time. You most definitely need at least a local guide or a way to plan your itinerary ahead of time with a reputable company. Do you speak Spanish? Very few people in Peru speak English.

Why 5 weeks in Peru? You will probably be able to see the worthwhile sites in 2 weeks, easily. Five weeks, I would recommend Chile and the southern Patagonia region. Just my thoughts. I've been to both countries. Please remember that crime is still prevalent in Peru, especially Lima.

Lilliam Larsen, General Manager/Monarch Tours
    www.monarchtours.net
  • Hi!

I would recommend 3 weeks to see Peru, and then another 2 weeks to see bolivia and Northern Chile. This way you can travel from one end to the other and see eveything without messing around with flights up and down.
    Alternatively, travel between La Paz and Quito, in Ecuador which will take you ALL the way through Peru, including the stunning Cordillera Blanca area.

If you want to make the most of your time in South America, then you can jump on a tour from Lima to Santiago - 5 weeks in total, and everything is organised for you. You will definately need to book the Inca Trail ahead of time if this is something that you wish to do, however obviously if you book a tour that includes this, then this is all done for you.

Travelling on your own is also very rewarding and gives you more flexibility, however 5 weeks is a short time and if you want to see as much as possible, then you will definately see a lot more if you join a tour.

Check out this tour Lima to Santiago departing on the 21st Feb:
    http://www.kumuka.com/TourPage.aspx?ContinentId=sa&TourId=sa1404

Alternatively, La Paz to Quito departing 17th March:
    http://www.kumuka.com/TourPage.aspx?tourid=SA02

Hope this helps!!
  • thanks for the opinions and advice I'll definetely search information and check out your sites, yes I think it will be a very good idea to also visit bolivia or chile.
    Thanks
  • Hello, how was your trip to Peru?? How long you stay here in Peru??
    You visit Macchu Picchu?? You like it ?? is ver beautifull, RIGHT

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged