Switzerland in February
  • I am planning to Luzern, Interlaken, Zurich and Genova from 10 Feb - 20 Feb. I understand the scenic view may not as wonderful as in July-August, but will it be snow everywhere? Is it the right time to be there?

Thanks for your comment.
  • Ha! I am so happy to have found your blog. My family (husband and two daughters ages 17 and 9)and I will also be visiting Geneva in February. I will eagerly await any and all responses to your question about timing.
    If I may add, would anyone be able to recommend a nice, family-friendly hotel?
    I have heard that 'Old Town' Geneva is the place to be.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks!
  • I along with my family would like to visit Geneva in February 2010 ? Is this the right time to go ? Is it very cold ?
  • me and my husband are planning to visit lucern, geneva, interlarken in switzerland in february.will it be too cold for sight seeing. is there any other country in europe which is as beautiful and can be visited in feb.
  • Switzerland is still very beautiful in the snow, but you have to like skiing otherwise its not an ideal winter destination. See here for some other ideas on Febriary holiday destinations: http://www.wordtravels.com/travel-inspiration/best-february-holiday-destinations
  • i am going with my family to europe for a week in february. which is a better country to visit in winter, italy or switzerland. or can you suggest any other european country.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion