two weeks in Cuba - itinerary suggestions
  • Hi, we're planning on going to Cuba in January. I don't want to stay in one of those large all-inclusive hotels, instead would prefer to travel around the island a bit. We'll spend the first couple of days in Havana, but have no plans thereafter. Can anyone suggest what to do? Also, whats the best way to get around Cuba - is public transport fine? Also, have we left it too late, will everything be booked in January, or will be be able to book hotels as we go? Any help appreciated so we can organise our Cuba itinerary ... Jason
  • If money is no object you can travel around without booking, hotels pretty pricey if you book as you go (80-160cuc),but I would suggest staying at a all inclusive and travel around on tours etc, there are many all inclusives that are small and cozy, rent a car for a day or two. My trip to Havana seemed like a tour of a large slum with too many people and very nice old buildings. I usually stay at Varedero, travel around a bit, people are fantastic around there. I find the people a lot harder in Havana, overcrowded. Public buses are fine, always negotiate fare prices with the cab driver before hand. A mi Amigo always goes to Holguin, and likes it there very much. Jeep safari, catamaran tour, jungle tour,Cayo Blanco tour, snorkelling, if you tour around the smaller more isolated towns you had better Habla en Epanol muy bien.
  • Hi,
    Nice article!! I enjoyed reading this and people's comments.
    Thanks for the information.
    Tia,
  • Hi,
    my girlfrined and I spent 2 weeks in Cuba without booking an all inclusive hotel. My advice is just to book an hotel in Havana if you land there and spend 2 or 3 days in the capital. Then we took an internal flight to Santiago and we used the casa particulares (like B&B) to spleep. You can then move with buses or rent a car... Santiago is very nice, Trinidad as well... Santa Clara and that area are beautiful.
    Then we spent 4 day in Cayo Gullermo in an all inclusive resort that we book directly in Cuba...
    Enjoy
  • Hi,

I am in Cuba for 3 weeks but was thinking it may be a little too long in 1 place. Another option is to head into Central America for 10 days, then return to Cuba. What do you think?
  • want to travel from US to Canada and then onto Cuba, anyone know how to go about it???
  • i AM TRAVELING TO CUBA ON MONDAY MAY 18, WEATHER SHOWSW THUNDERSHOWERS, PEOPLE SAY THEY DON'T LAST TO LONG , SHOULD I STILL CHANCE THE VACATION OR CANCEL IT. THIS VACATION HAS BEEN LONG PAST DEW, AND I DON'T WANT CRAPPY WEATHER..... HELP ME....
  • Hi,
    I would like to visit Cuba, but i dont know how to get there is there anyone that can make the package for me ? contact me back on djobo8@yahoo.com ..
    Thank u.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion