Portugal over Christmas
  • I want to take my girlfriend to Portugal over Christmas but am worried that it will be too expensive and busy. Is there decent accommodation available in Lisbon and Estoril over the Christmas season, and will I pay more for it than out of season? Any advice/recommendations would be great, thanks.
  • Christmas time is almost everywhere in Europe quite expensive. I don't think that Portugal is the worst options, it should be cheaper that Italy, Germany or UK.
  • Great Idea!!

We can hook you up with accomodation! :-) Website w w w . schrent. c o m
  • Hello Brad,
    I am not sure if you are still looking for accommodation, but I will leave my suggestion.

I would recommend that you look for accommodation at www.travelingtolisbon.com .

I have worked with them some time ago, so I know what I am talking about! :)
    They have self-catering apartments right in the centre of the city.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
  • If you are going to Portugal at this time of year you have to visit Lisbon or possibly Porto. The weather will be much better in the south on the algarve but I suspect it is more the nightlife that you are looking for. Lisbon is a great city and some fantastic resteraunts / bars. There is plenty to see and do during the day too. We stayed down on the algarve a few years back at xmas at a place called alto club in alvor - great place but very quiet although the weather was good - warm enough to lie in the sun so it suited us - very relaxing!
  • The Christmas Feast of the Immaculate Conception and the Feast of the Holy Innocents both invole the sharing gifts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion