Tolerance in Jordan and Egypt
  • Hello,

I'm planning to visit Jordan and Egypt this summer.
    I'm really excited about the idea, and I don't want to place assumptions, I am somewhat concerned about tolerance.
    To many, even where I live, I'm thought of as somewhat unusual. I'm transsexual, and while I do appear as a woman, I thought this had the potential for being an issue.

Does anyone have any information on this?
  • Traveler

I had a person traveling with me with a group who had the same issues. He had some problems in the use of the rest rooms and also the public baths which he wanted to use. We hired a guide for him to be with him so he would not be harrased in anyway. I belive if you are going to do this trip you might want to consider going with a group or even on your own but to have a guide fromt he country with you so stop any problems or issues that might arise. This would not be a trip that I would do on your own without assistance from a tour operator that knows tha area.
  • I would be with a group, for the most part.
    I'd be going to Jordan for a archaeology class, but by the end I would be traveling through Egypt with a good friend of mine. She's not familiar with the area, so... I might have to look into something. Public restrooms are a hassle even where I live currently. I can imagine the same for baths.
    Thanks for your response.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion