Skiing in Italy
  • Hi I'm actually planning a skiing trip to Italy in March, and i have few questions:
    1- I checked the different slopes, and i have chosen the serralonda in the dolomites (if anyone has any other suggestion, please feel free), but i'm not sure in which village we should be staying for the week; we're looking for an authentic, typical Italian village, preferably not very touristic, to live the experience to the full Alta Badia seems to be recommended by many, any feedback on this one?
    2- We need to be renting an individual chalet/cottage for 8 people, any useful links?
    3- We are planning our trip during on the last week of march, is it too late? should it be earlier or end of march works?

Thanks
  • It sounds great your skiing trip. online pokies
  • I traveled through Alta Badia in October 2002. It was beautiful then but I thought it would be an awesome place to ski. I stayed ata cute little Pensione - clean, comfortable with great feather beds. It was called the Pensione Plang. You would probably need a car if you travel to this region since the ski slopes are somewhat spread out.

Another option for skiing is Cortina D'Ampezzo in the Dolomites. Great skiing if there is snow.

I am headed to Aosta where it is possible to ski France, Italy and Switzerland on the same trip. I am going in January so cannot report on it yet but have been told that it is the best in Italy. I have skied the French Alps before and they are also superb.
  • Bormio is also a quaint traditional italian alpine village which also has some natural hot springs. http://www.bormio.it/english.htm. There is a range of types of accomodation available and generally its very affordable/ the slopes are comprehensive with are choice for different skill levels up to black. The ski lifts are within walking distance from the village to take you up to the base (Bormio 2000).
  • BTW skiing at the end of March is normally risky at altitudes lower than 2000m depending on the actual weather conditions at the time. This year there has been good levels of snow. Private schools have mid term break on the week of 14th Feb so avoid that if you do not want busier slopes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged