Accomodation in Durban for 28 days during the World Cup
  • Hello,
    My husband and I will be travelling to Durban from the Yukon, Canada on June 15th, 2010. We'll be there for 28 days, and have tickets for 7 World Cup soccer matches during that time (mostly in Durban). Ideally, we're looking to stay at the same place in the greater Durban area for the duration. As we're staying for quite a period, our upper limit for accomodation per night is R800. I've visited many many website and enquired about several places, but any advice here would be truly appreciated. Also, we'd prefer not to stay in a hotel. A bed and breakfast, or a self-catering apartment/flat/guest house would be ideal. We're not looking for luxury, just a clean and tidy base from which we can adventure out.
    Thanks and cheers!
  • Hello Nahani
    Ihave a beautiful apartment in Pinetown.15 min from stadium and it seems just what you may be looking for. Contact me we can discuss : lornaghazi@telkomsa.net

Lorna
  • Wow Nahani, Its World Cup!! R800 will be a struggle in central areas so areas like Pinetown (as per Lorna above) is where you may have to look although 15 minutes driving (no public transport) is a little on the optomistic side. Your own transport is highly advised anyway.
  • Hello Nahani, please contact accommodationcentresa they have lots of properties for you to choose from, they cater for all, contact Amanda at 0829695395 she will assist you for the right accommodation to suit your needs
  • Hello Nahani, have you contacted Amanda yet for accommodation remember time is running out
  • Hello Naan, contact impact african safaris is a canadian based company and they will arrange accomodation for you. It s better to deal with a home company in case of any thing you can make a complain.....
  • Hi Naan, Get a Wicked Camper!!
    Now apart from very low prices for these Campers you also get a bed that converts into an eating area in the back as well as unlimited mileage (meaning NO extra costs for travelling) and you get free roadside assistance from NetCare 'should' the Camper break down - which is unlikely as they are well maintained. Now that will sort your travelling around but what about places to stay? Wicked Campers have their own campsite for the World Cup EXCLUSIVE to Wicked Travelers at only R50.00 per day located right next to the O.R. Tambo International Airport in JHB. Wicked Campers also have deals for Wicked Travelers with Lodges across South Africa during the World Cup. Go to wickedafrica.com and browse around and get yourself a quote for the Camper and you'll see what I mean. Once you do book a camper then go to the "Places to Stay" page and book your Camper into the Wicked Campsite forr that ridiculously low price...which you will not regret.
  • Nahani, hey, its 2010 & people are about business. Not to bad mouth them, but I'm more than willing to help you find a place, registered as a BnB or just a safe, pleasant home or accomodation & transportation in Durban or Pietermaritzburg (70kms from Dbn) at the same price. If it means I organise you a driver or drive you myself. amanda@mandamoira.com
  • Nahani, hey, its 2010 & people are about business. Not to bad mouth them, but I'm more than willing to help you find a place, registered as a BnB or just a safe, pleasant home or accomodation & transportation in Durban or Pietermaritzburg (70kms from Dbn) at the same price. If it means I organise you a driver or drive you myself. amanda@mandamoira.com
  • Hi there

I have accomodatyion in durban, sleeps 4 with a large double room on suite with pool and bar area.Prtivate with place for your hire car.lived in the area 25 years.The appartment is on my property newely built for family however they moved away.

If you are on face book ... type in World cup durban or call 01258 857201 uk number ,
    Happy to help.
  • Hi,

If you need a place to stay, have a look at the iStopover Banner on this site. They have listings all over and it is safe to use and easy to book.
    Have a look at their banner on this site.
    http://gary-experienceafrica.blogspot.com/

or here www.experienceitall.co.za

You will have a great variety to select from.

Gary
  • I have a large, very spacious, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom double volume house + a self contained flatlet in the quiet, leafy suburb of Glenashley, Durban. Situated on the North Coast and is perfectly located as it is a 10 min drive to the Durban stadium. VERY close to all main attractions. Has sea views and also a 10 min walk to the beach. letting comes with a security alarm system, Satellite TV, laundry and cleaning service are all included. Kind Regards. Rox (roxfoxster@gmail.com)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion