Botswana Safari
  • We are going on a safari holiday to Botswana and I need to know which is the best game reserve/camp to stay at with regards to price, game viewing, accommodation, food etc. Friends have suggested the & Beyond camps (Choebe, Sandibe, Nxabega) - are these any good? Thanks
  • Hi Steve

Have you set your dates for Botswana yet? This will help to determine the areas you visit to maximise your game viewing experience. Depending on your budget, there are a number of companies operating in Botswana, and often they have several camps all across the country. It's usually a good idea to use one company, such as &Beyond, as they coordinate all your transfers between each camp. You can also receive discounted rates by using the same company, as they entice travellers with discounts based on the number of nights you spend with them.
    &Beyond is a brilliant safari company with lodges throughout Southern and East Africa. They have a good reputation for offering quality safaris, good accommodation, and personalised service. I use them frequently when booking safaris in Southern Africa.

I hope this helps, and feel free to post another comment if you need more help.

Kate
  • "I fell in love with Africa on my very first visit and always fanticized about being a tour guide myself, but being a woman, the bush may have overcome me eventually. Getting stuck in the middle of a river with crocs and hippos is not exactly comforting. I enjoyed reading this book, though the author made some underhand decisions in his experiences as a tour guide. I personally always tried to make my tour guide at ease by conversing with him and discussing our mutual love of animals. Once, I even suggested to a South African guide how, despite not having a large bank account, he lived in an area so rich that even money could not buy it -- I would rather have his richness and even told him so. Africa is in my heart and soul and it is so sad to note that the government and the majority of its people do not peacefully co-exist side-by-side with the animals. The animals are an important commodity to the economy of the African nations, and I hope and pray that we, as a world, do not let the African bush become devoid of its treasure."
  • Mahubasehube / Kgalagadi National park - Unforgettable - South West. Need a 4x4

In the norht east Chobe & Moremi - Expensive, but worth it
  • This is a useful resource about what to see and do in Botswana.
  • Hi Steve, & Beyond has nice camps, it depends on your budget and luxury you require. You can self-drive with a rental vehicle and camp, or get charter flights and stay in luxury camps. The game viewing is stunning in the Okavango Delta (Moremi Game Reserve), Savute and Chobe National Park. All these has cheaper camping options and a luxury lodges, you can self-drive or fly in. Chief's Island is a stunning fly-in option. The Savute channel is flowing for the first time in 30 years after heavy rains last year and the game is especially prolific in the Savate swamp area. Be aware that June - September the water in the Delta is extremely high, roads are wet, muddy and often under water. In the "green season" (Nov to March) it is extremely hot and humid, roads again are wet due to continuous rain. If you are driving it is not recommended to travel in one vehicle, always have a gps with Tracks for Africa loaded (focus on off-road trails not tar roads), and even if you are two or more vehicles, it is highly recommended you make use of a guide if you are not an experienced off-road traveller that is familiar with the area and the dangers you could face. Lizette

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged