Far east trip: Guidance abt Clothes and packing
  • We are first time going on international Far east tour for 10 days...2 days SIN. 3 Days Malaysai and 4 days Thailand. Can u please guide us what are the necessary things to take along with to have a happy trip with regards to Clothes, Medicine, Eatery, Water,,etc. Pls let me know soon as we are leaving on the 20 Jan 2010 from Mumbai. India. thanks in advance
  • Hi, all you need are comfortable light clothes as it will be hot and sticky most days. If you want to enter temples, bring along a pashmina/wrap as a cover up. Insect repellent for night walks is a must along with suntan lotion during the day and it is advisable to carry a small foldable umbrella as it is rainy season, you can also use this to shade you from the sun. Tap water can be drunk in Singapore, it is safe, but you will have to buy bottled water in Malaysia and Thailand. Dont forget your camera and your sense of fun, and you will have a great trip!
    If you want a walking tour of Singapore then email me on jocooper5@hotmail.com (I am a freelance licensed tourist guide here, i am British and would love to show you around this great city.
  • hey thnks guest for quick reply....but we are going on package so everything included...also let me know abt medicines to be taken along and anything more specific.....once again thnks
  • Galaxy: see this previous post on what to pack when travelling abroad. Its got some useful advice, especially for SE Asia.

Don't pack jeans - the wrong material for hot and humid weather. Chino pants are ideal tho.
  • THANKS DAVID ...........REALLY HELPFUL TIPS.......LOTS OF THING WHICH I MISSED OUT....THANX BUDDY :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion