Drinking and alcohol in the UAE?
  • I'm travelling to Dubai in a few weeks time on business and I'll be there for 2 weeks. I know it's Muslim so there are strict laws regarding alcohol, but do they serve alcohol anywhere othr than at hotel bars?

I really don't want to find myself sitting at some hotel bar late at night every night!

I'm still young and am keen to check out the nightlife and restaurants, will ther ebe alcohol at these places?
    I'd appreciate any info I can get!
    thanks
  • I AM VISITING DUBAI NEXT MONTH FOR A FAMILY HOLIDAY AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I CAN BRING MY ELECTRONIC CIGERETTES WITH ME FOR MY OWN PERSONEL USE , I DO NOT WANT TO GET IN TO TROUBLE AT DUBAI AIRPORT AND WOULD JUST SMOKE NORMAL CIGERETTES WHILE I AM IN DUBAI IF THAT IS THE CASE
  • Yes you can drink everywhere, I've been 3 times and nothing has been a problem. Smoking is permitted too. Have a great time and have fun!
  • Read this great article on local laws in Dubai and Abu Dhabi - it covers how and where you can booze in UAE: http://www.expatarrivals.com/article/local-laws-in-abu-dhabi

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged