Canadian passport holder working on L1B in States going to Asia for vacation
  • Hello,

Hopefully, I'm posting in the correct section and it would great if someone who is knowledgeable can reply ASAP as I'm travelling in 5 days! Yikes!

I'm a Canadian currently working in the States on a L1b work visa. An epiphany came to me this morning to check my passport and lo and behold, it is expiring in Jul 10, 2010!! That's less than 5 months from my date of travel Feb 4 to Feb 16, 2010!

My work visa expires in October of 2011.

As previously stated, I'm travelling out of the US to Asia on February 4! I couldn't find anyone else who is in the same situation as I, namely, I have a work visa, but living in the States, but has a foreign passport that will expire in less than 6 months. I'm not sure if US is a country that has strict policy of 3 months or 6 months, meaning would I not be able to re-enter into the States? (I'm not worried about the country of destination, just returning).

And if it's 6 months, would it matter at all if I have a valid work visa or am I royally F'd!?

Thanks!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!