travelling thailand for 4 weeks for first time, where to go?
  • I have just booked return flights to bangkok for july for four weeks, spending a week between bangkok and doin full moon, then have about 3 weeks free....want to do as much as we can in those 3 weeks, without cramming and missing nething! Any ideas, places or tips would be amazing, thanks :-)
    x
  • Take a look at our city guide to Bangkok - its got plenty of ideas on what to see, do, eat, and experience! Don't miss the fried grasshoppers - crunchy and nutritious...
  • I just got back from a 3 week trip over new years, I had the most fun in Koh Samui and Chang Mai. In Koh Samui I avoided Chaewang beach as it is a bit too touristy in the sense of Aussie bars/Irish Bars and lots of boozy Brits and Aussies etc. Lami beach and the surrounds is a bit more chilled, try the swing bar for a few drinks and good music. Bangkok is great for shopping but very hectic, a few days there I was ready for something a little more low key. I found Chang Mai and the golden triangle region to the north well worth it. Finally if you dive the liveaboards going out to the Similan islands are great. Prices are reasonable (compared to Australia) and the diving was very good. I went on the White Manta and it was a well run operation. One more personal view point, Phuket town and the main beaches are a lot like Chaewang on Samui, there is a lot more to Thailand then this side of the country, my only wish is I had more time to see more!
  • working with female elephant, You will not only learn how to ride your elephant but also how to care for it and management including safe living environment in femal elephants and their mahout families within elephants camp. During your stay you will build up a bond with your elephant. You can learn about. the life of the mahouts and joining in with various communal activities. and if the volunteers associated with leisure time. site is www.realexperiencethailand.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion