Visa/work visa for Italy
  • I am a canadian citizen. My father was born in Italy, but lost his italian citizenship after becoming a Canadian citizen. I have family in Italy, and recently my cousin, who owns and runs a restaurant offered me a job. The job would be for the summer and I am having a hard time figuring out what I need in order for this to be legitimate.

    Thanks in advance for any information, everything I find so far is very contradictory!
  • HELLO,
    Legally, you can be in Europe fort 90 days without a visa. After that you MUST HAVE A VISA. You can not accept $$ in the form of payment for work without a working visa. Have your Uncle sponsor you so you can get a visa. If he pays you under the table, and gets caught, it will be a sad day for him. He could lose his business. Try a university near you to see if their foreign dept have some student working visa arrangements with Italy.

  • Hi,
    If you were born before your father became a candian citizen you may seek to apply for an Italian passport

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion