Nightlife in Chicago and restaurant to impress
  • I'm travelling to Chicago in a week on business, just wondering what the nightlife is like?

Can anyone point me in the right direction or area for the best clubs?
    Also, I'll be taking a client out to dinner and want to impress - please can someone give me the name of a restaurant that'll do the trick and impress the socks off her.
    I'll have a few days to chill to myself so where else can I go for more mellow and laid-back nights out, where are the best areas?

Any advice would be great! Thanks
  • Hi Bruno,

Chicago has a very happening nightlife with loads to do and some excellent restaurants.

If you want to really impress your client then I would recommend the following restaurants:
    1. Alinea (said to be one of the best restaurants in Chicago)
    2. Spiaggia is deliciously italian
    3. Morton's, The Steakhouse for some excellent steaks

With regards to nightlife - it really depends what you're after - Chicago has such a variety! Bars, cocktail lounges, dance clubs, jazz & blues clubs, sports bars, live music - pick a genre... your options are endless.

To chill by yourself why not take a river cruise to explore the cities unique architecture; visit one of the many beautiful public gardens e.g. Lincoln Park Conservatory; the Brookfield Zoo is another place to visit; or just take a walk along Lake Shore Park.

For more info about Chicago's many attractions visit our Chicago city guide attraction listing.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion