Carnac (France): is this resort any good?
  • Can you advise me if this is really a lively, trendy resort or is this just marketing hype? I've fell into this trap before arrived at resorts where they have been deserted lacking in facilities miles from beaches and shops and left us very dissapointed. Does anybody or anything printed give you warts and all descriptors please thank you Carole Sheffield
  • I have visited Carnac several times in the last 20 years and I can say it is a great place to holiday. The old town (top of hill) is quite trendy and a good place to walk. There are some nice restraunts in the area. The beaches are also great. Try this website = www.Brittany.co.uk and link to Carnac. The nearby town of Auray has got to be visited, see the website. Believe me, it has to be the best area to holiday in France. (For famillies and couples) -- Hope this is ok-
  • I wouldn't really describe Carnac as a resort; it's a small town with a remarkable set of neolithic standing stones. But it's not actually on the coast.
    If you're wanting to holiday in Brittany, check out this site
    http://gitelink.com/brittany/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged