Taking the kids to Louisville, Kentucky
  • I'm travelling to Louisville, Kentucky for a couple of weeks in April with my family as we're going to visit old family friends of mine. I've heard that the best time of year to visit Louisville is when the Kentucky Derby is on in May, but since w'll be there in spring just a month earlier, is there still enough to do and see with the kids?

My daughter is horse-crazy so it seems like this is a good place to bring her, but what other acitivities are there for us to do as a family together?
    Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
  • When in April are you coming to visit? Check out www.gotolouisville.com for all the info you need, and if you are on Facebook or Twitter, visit us there for more information.

Facebook: Louisville
    Twitter: @gotolouisville
  • April is a great time to visit Louisville. In the two weeks prior to the Kentucky Derby, the city hosts the Kentucky Derby Festival. The Kentucky Derby Festival hosts dozens of events, the most notable being one of the largest firework shows in the world.

Minus the Kentucky Derby Festival events, there are still a ton of things to do in Louisville with your kids. On About.com Louisville, you can find a list of the top 15 Louisville attractions, a list of more than 40 Louisville kids attractions, and even lists of free Louisville kids activities and free things to do in Louisville if you're traveling on a tight budget. Enjoy your trip!

• Hello,

I'm planning on visiting Louisville in the first 2-3 weeks of May - how is the weather during this time? Sunny, hot, warm, spring-like..?

Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion