would my american fiancee and her 14 year old daughter be able to live in the uk if we get married ?
  • Would my american fiancee and her 14 year old daughter be able to live in the uk if we get married ? please advise - we want to get married by the end of this year but i am not sure if there are any restictions as to her daughter. her biologigal father doeasnt want to know her so i am looking into adopting her please help any information mush appreciated thanks
  • Hi,

I dont foresee any problems with immigration as long as you can get permission from the biological father a affidavid signed by the father in front of a solicitor/ lawyer giving his permission and having no objections to his ex wife taking his daughter to the UK or failing that you might need to go to court even if your wife has sole over custody her daughter. (But check with Lawyer first) things might have changed.

You would need to apply for a Spouse or fiancee visa and if her daughter is moving with her to the UK she will automatically be included in the visa at no extra cost if she is under 18 if over 18 it gets a lot more complecated with immigration.

It might be better to marry in the States and get the adoption thing sorted over there first if you do it in the UK you will need all the documentation signed a sent over here later.

Hope this is helpfull Regards Zapper
  • Uh yes. marry in America then immagrate to the UK. do it within the next 4 years or else stuff is going to be bad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged