Transit visa if not leaving the airport?
  • We'll be stopping in Delhi for a 9-hour layover en route from Canada to Nepal. Do we need a transit visa if we do not plan to leave the airport?
  • I think you do need a transit visa if you spend more than 6 hours. There is now a specific area that you must also stay in at Delhi airport for those who are transiting.
  • As far as my knowledge goes there is no need for you to obtain a transit visa. Since you are not leaving the airport the question of transit visa does not arise at all. One year back I had to stop at Delhi on my route from United States to Nepal. One flight was canceled and I had to spend nearly 8 hours at the airport. I was inside the airport all the time and nobody asked me about the visa.
  • I think you should definitely check with the airline you are flying out of Canada with. I think the 'grey area' is that some combinations of airlines work together and you can check your bags all the way through and then automatically you are a transit passenger who does not need to reclaim your luggage. If the airlines do not offer this service then you'll need to reclaim your bags and go through customs if the airline do not have staff on the ground to direct you through transit it can get complicated. It may not be an issue for you, but safer to double -check and follow the airlines advice.
  • I will spend 19 hours overnight at delhi airport. Do I need a transit visa if I go to a hotel? Is there anywhere to sleep at the airport?
  • I AM A US CITIZEN AND ALTHOUGH I WAS BORN IN INDIA, I HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY ABOUT MY COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
    THE ONLY ADVISE I HAVE FOR PEOPLE THAT IF YOU CAN AVOID VISITING INDIA, THAT IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO.
    I AGREE WITH ALL THE COMMENTS THAT THIS IS JUST A WAY TO GET SOME $$$, THEN THE STUPID AUTHORITIES SHOULD
    MAKE IT EASY AND ISSUE TRANSIT VISAS AT THE AIRPORT AND CHARGE AS MUCH AS THEY WANT AND LET THE WORD KNOW THAT
    THEY ARE THE BIGGEST BEGGARS ON THE FACE OF THIS WORLD. THIS WAY, AT LEAST THE PASSENGERS WILL NOT HAVE TO GO THROUGH
    THE FRUSTRATION OF VISA CRAP.NOBODY WANTS TO IMMIGRATE TO INDIA & MOST INDIANS WANT TO GET OUT OF THERE
    VISAS ARE A WAY TO CONTROL THAT A PASSENGER DOES NOT ILLEGALLY STAY IN A COUNTRY BUT INDIAN AUTHORITIES SHOULD
    REALIZE THAT NO BODY WITH N. AMERICAN OR EUROPEAN PASSPORT HAS ANY DESIRE TO IMMIGRATE AND LIVE IN INDIA, SO THEY
    SHOULD STOP THIS NON SENSE .INDIA NEEDS TO SHOW THE WORLD THAT THEY ARE NOT BEGGARS ANYMORE & SHOW SOME DECENCY.
  • I m a British Immigrant pakistani passport holder,does i need a visa to stay Toronto Airport for 8 hours for my US journey.plz tell me i want ot book a ticket from Air canada.so plz reply me if any one have any idea.i ll be waiting
  • i am holding indian passport, plan to move from riyadh to tripoli via tunis, this case i am plan to use two different airlines, from riyadh to tunis saudi arabian ailrines, tunis to tripoli afriquah ailrines with three hours connection.i have to get a boarding card in tunis for afriquah airlines?? in this issue shall i need transit visas or i can directly access in tunis airport afriquah airlines counter to get my tripoli boarding card?? i dont have any plan to enter tunisia, some one pls advice?? awaiting your immidiate reply gto buy the ticket.
  • i am holdind indian passport, now we r staying in canada we r planning to go mexico. We'll be stopping in usa for a 2hr. Do I need a transit visa.
  • seems like every country has joined this money making bandwagon of so called 'transit visa'. extremely painful process everywhere and time consuming. taking off the fun from international travel. nowadays thats what you have to check first before booking international tickets that includs any halts at inbetween international airport

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged