Excursions for a weekend from Joburg
  • I'm off to work in Jo Berg for a couple of weeks with a couple of colleagues and have the middle weekend free. What would people recommend as trips to do, We'd have loved to do some shark diving but obviously its a bit far for that.

Any recommendations would be gratefully received, I don't want to just see the inside of a hotel complex after travelling so far

TIA

Ian
  • Ian, start off with a read of our Joburg city guide which has some good ideas on what to see and do in Johannesburg for a weekend, plus some excursions farther afield. Shark diving is too far (cape town) but scuba diving is possible, if you catch a flight to Durban. I think you'll do better staying up north, maybe visiting the Magaliesburg, seeing wild game in the Pilanesberg reserve, playing some golf and gambling at the Lost city, or doing some off-road racing in jeeps or quads. You could also see the Cradle of Mankind and Pilgrims Rest if you like your history. Let us know how it goes...
  • Go skydiving from Lanseria airport. You can do a tandem jump, see the city from the air, and be back intown for lunch. Also hot-air ballooning over the Magaliesburg is a good option.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion