Work visas for South Africa
  • I am a UK citizen and recently spent time in South Africa and loved it. I looked in to ways to return for a longer period but found that it is very hard to get a working visa. My question is... Are there anyways to return to South Africa and to be able to work? I have South African friends who have moved to the UK for work, why am I unable to go to South Africa and work? Any ideas would be great.
  • You can get a working visa, there are many types. It does help a lot to (a) have a sponsor that can verify you have essential skills not readily available in the country and (b) a visa broker or agency that can speed up the process hugely. They will charge around R1500 for this service. See our expat guide to South Africa for some more details.
  • Can you please post full web address as link is not working. Thanks
  • Working in South Africa is very difficult, as unemplyment is so high there. It also depends on what your profession is!! I lived in South Africa for a number of years, so fully understand the challenges ahead of you...... good luck

Antony

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged