Pounds in Scotland and England
  • If traveling to Scotland, do I get my money converted to scotish punds or GBP?
    Is it the same thing or is it different?
  • As Scotland is a part of the UK, there is no difference between Sterling (GBP) in any part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own clearing banks which issue their own designs for Sterling notes, such as Clydesdale Bank, Bank of Scotland, and RBS.

Scottish and Northern Irish notes are generally scrutinised and/or not accepted in England, although Bank of England AND Scottish/Northern Irish notes are accepted in Scotland and Northern Ireland.
  • The only real difference is that it's harder to get pounds out of a Scotsman.

tmac - you should get your money converted to Pound Sterling and you'll be fine.
  • "The only real difference is that it's harder to get pounds out of a Scotsman.

tmac - you should get your money converted to Pound Sterling and you'll be fine. "

Hey, I resemble that remark!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged