Any advice on where to go on my LA holiday
  • I am travelling with the family wfire and two kids aged 14 and 11 to LA in August 2009 for two weeks. I was thinking of doing the following.

4 Nights in LA - Where should I stay
    4 Nights in one of the National Parks - Which one should I go to, is it worth going up to Yosemite or are the others closer by just as good.
    7 Nights on the beach - Which one, would be suitable for the family.

Any hints or tips on the above would be appreciated.
  • I would recommend staying in Santa Monica, its easy enough to drive into downtown and Hollywood and the area is much nicer and on the beach. A lot of the fun and sites are downtown or on the sunset strip but the areas aren't very picturesque. A trip to Yosemite is more than 300 miles or about 6 hours away from LA but worth the drive. But then you will probably be driving while inside the park as well to see its sites. After that you will have to drive a bit South West again to hit the beaches. Think about going to Big Sur instead where there are some picteresque and rugged beaches (although the water is colder) and several national parks for camping and hiking through redwoods.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion