Gibraltar and Schengen visa?
  • I have read correspondence re visiting Gibraltar with interest but one point is not clear to me.

if you are a non EU national living in schengen area with a permanent residency visa for schengen countries which allows you to live freely in Schengen area can you cross from Spain to Gibraltar to visit for a couple of days? Or do you need a visa? If so can you get it by applying in writing to somewhere in Gibraltar? thanks in advance for any help
  • I have a similar question. On a vacation to Spain, I'm planning a day visit to Gibraltar. Lonely Planet's book on Andalucia indicates that visitors to Gibraltar with valid passports from Canada (among other countries) don't require a visa, but then it also says that "for those intending to return or travel to Spain after visiting Gibraltar, a valid Schengen visa is essential to ensure re-entry to Spain." Can anyone verify the need for a visa to re-enter Spain after visiting Gibraltar? Tx.
  • I"m an America in spain since Feb 25th 2011. I plan to stay in spain until August 1. Therefore I will exceed the 90 day visa entry into the EU/Schengen. If I go to Gibraltar, can I get an exit stamp from the EU/Schengen and and entry stamp back into the EU, since they are not a part of the EU/Schengen?
  • I AM A HOLDER OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT IN SPAIN I WANT TO VISIT GIBRALTA DO I NEED A VISA?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged