I GOT SCAMMED
  • I JUST FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY ABOUT BEING SCAMMED ONLINE. I found this man on interracialmatch.com his email beechernick@ymail.com. He told me that he was a single parent living in Slidell, Louisiana with a 13 year old daughter. I said that had to travel to Africa and while he was there he and his friend got robbed. He asked me to send him money. I know I shouldn't have. He sounded so convincing. I am now out of $500! I am pissed at myself for going with my gut instinct. I will never ever use another online dating service as long as I live.
  • He just now sent me an email too, also from another dating site. Says he only has 2 more days on the website until his membership expires, and can I please email him at that address you just mentioned. But his grammar and syntax are off, and uses phrases like "your picture is stuck in my 'retentive memory'". Who the heck even talks like that? No one from THIS country (US). So that made me suspicious and I googled his email address, and came on this webiste. Thanks for posting. Freaks are everywhere. It's getting old.
  • Oh, forgot to mention...the website he found me on was CougarMingle.com. Just so people know.
  • He emailed me too....and i am reporting him to cougarmingle.com and ymail as well.
  • Hi everyone,

Here's a link to our guide on how to spot Online Scams and how to avoid them.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged