itinerary and suggestions for Thailand, Vietnam, possibly short stay in Kuala Lumpur
  • Hi,

My husband and I did a Thailand trip in February this year for 3 and half weeks and absolutely fell in love with it. We want to do a similar trip in 2011. We did, Singapore, Orient Express to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, then on to Koh Samui and Phuket then home.

I would like to revisit Thailand and see may be a nice island where maybe there could be access to day trips while there. Then I want to visit various places in Vietnam. So far, I've learned (from visiting forums!) that Hanoi/ Halong Bay, Ntrang and Ho Chi Minh City/Mekong Delta are the places to visit.

This time we only have 2 and half weeks to do it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks!
  • if you have 18 day then I would like to suggest this Iti:
    Day 1 Bankkok - Saigon depend on your flight A city tour or Cu Chi tunnel can be inclusive on arrival
    Day 2 Saigon Vi sit Cu chi tunnel and Cao dai temple
    Day 3 Saigon - Vinh Long - Can tho this 2 day will offer you almost of Mekong delta in Vietnam, Local , orchards, floating markets
    Day 4 Can tho saigon
    Day 5 Saigon - Nha Trang Flight to Nha trang
    Day 6 Nha Trang It is best to do day boat tour
    Day 7 Nha Trang - Da nang - Hoi An
    Day 8 Hoi An Suggest so shopping in Hoi An
    Day 9 Hoi An
    Day 10 Hoi An - Hue Visit royal tombs, suggest take the sunrise cruise on Perume river in the morning
    Day 11 Hue or take a bike tour around Hue
    Day 12 Hue - Hanoi
    Day 13 Hanoi Best to stay in old quarter, walking around old town
    Day 14 Hanoi - Sapa
    Day 15 Sapa Cat cat Walk, Tavan over night home stay
    Day 16 Sapa Ha noi Night Train ( King Express train would be nicely and not so expensive as Victoria)
    Day 17 Hanoi - Halong Bay Cruise Over night On Halong bay, suggest www.calypsocruiser.com
    Day 18 Halong bay Hanoi
    Day 19 Flight out of Hanoi
  • depends on your hotel rates but cost of this package can be around 50 - 70usd/person/day
    most hotel you can pay from 40 - 70usd to get a fair good one.
    the best time to visit is early May as the where is all good in Vietnam and especially it starting HOTEL PROMOTION period in Vietnam
  • Thank you for the quick reply to my request. This has given me so may ideas. I am disappointed that the recommended time to visit is early May as I am planning my holiday for mid January early February as a break from the British winter. Also, I would like about 6 days just to do a beach break, preferably at the end of the holiday. I will look on to your website. Thank you. Any more suggestions would be very welcome!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged