Getting to Crete
  • I am planning a trip to Crete in August but am also hoping to go to Athens and do some island hopping - what are the options for getting to Crete, I think it has an airport, are there direct flights to Crete from London? Alternatively are there ferries there from Athens or elsewhere? Finally, whats the weather likely to be like in August, will it be unbearably hot? Thanks in advance. S.
  • there is the airport in Heraklion, and it is connected with Athens. I do not if there are direct flights from London. You should check the Olympic airline and Aegean airline. There are ferries from Athens to Crete. The weather is good in August, no so hot. I am from the South of Italy, and for me it is ok (less humidity than in south of italy) ;-)
  • There are many flights to Crete in the summer, from most UK airports to both
    Heraklion and Chania airports. I like peace and quiet, but if you want lively night life then Malia is the place, and the airport is Heraklion. I fly to Chania. I've been to a place
    10 miles from the airport, Kalives, 5 times.
    Why? Email me at bwmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • I would like to visit Crete...but I am more for the big city atmosphere with a sea view and Lots of fun.Which is the most likely area I should choose. MrT.
  • Hi - have your read our Word Travels destination guide to Crete? It's got some useful info on what to see and do on the island. Check it out!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged