Best ski resorts in Argentina?
  • I'm heading to Argentina next month June and will be staying a couple for weeks in buenos Aires with some friends of mine before heading out on my own for a little exploration. I want to do some skiing and snowboarding while I'm there as I've heard it's pretty good in parts, especially the Patagonia. Can anyone tell me the best resorts to go to or a good place for a young 20-something travelling on her own?
    Would appreciate any info.

Thanks ~ Renska
  • Hi, Renska and all the skiers that are looking for great ski resorts in Argentina. This country counts with some of the most important ski centers in Southamerica, located nearby other great places such as San Carlos de Bariloche, in Argentinean Patagonia, and Ushuaia, the southernmost city of the world. Cerro Catedral you will find the most advanced ski center in Argentina and South America, with 40 lifts, a lift capacity for more than 3 skiers and a Terrain Park for skiers and snowboarders, at just 20 minutes from Bariloche.Cerro Castor Ski Resort is located in Ushuaia, and counts with high quality snow, recognized by the International Federation of Ski. Regards!
  • Las Lenas is one of the largest ski resorts in Argentina, and even South America as a whole. Depending on your skill level there are a lot of facilities, but it's best known for unparalleled adventure and heli-skiing. It also has a fantastic nightlife, perfect for 20-somethings looking for fun. It's a little out of the way, though. Cerro Catedral is a popular resort, as is Las Penitentes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion