Passport validity adivce
  • I have received conflicting advice about the validity of a UK passport for travel to Jamaica.

My daughter (5 years old) has a passport which expires on 02/12/10. We travel to Jamaica on 30/05/10.

The Foreign Commonwealth Office website and their customer service advisors have advised that the passport needs to have 6 month validity on it from the date of arrival in Jamaica, ie 30/05/10. However Thomas Cook (who we are travelling with) say that the passport needs to have 6 month validity from the end of the holiday in Jamaica, ie 13/06/10.

Do you know which information is correct? We now risk not being able to renew my daughter's passport due to the lack of time left before we travel. I would appreciate any advice you can provide.
  • Hi,
    Im Travelling to malia on thew 29th june 2010 but my passport runs out on the 10th August Will i be covered to fly there ?
  • Hello clairedavid
    On my point view the passport needs to have 6 month validity on it from the date of arrival.
    http://www.kanantik.com
  • my passport expired in August and i have to go to Jamaica on the 01/01/12 will i be okay to travel my Aunt passed away and there isn't time to renew it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged