Week in Turkey - thinking Icmeler or Kalkan?
  • Hi - Wondering if anyone can advise, my boyfriend and I want to go to Turkey for a week next week, (leaving it late I know!) We went to Olu Deniz a couple of years ago and really liked it. I've narrowed it down to Icmeler or Kalkan but can't decide. We love the beach, scenary, watersports, activity days out, kayaking, canoing etc, like going out for food and drinks in an evening, opportunity to stay up late if we want to but nothing too mental. Love coming home from the beach with sand on the skin and popping in one of the bars for a cold beer before coming out again later....what would you advise?
  • Hi Holidaygal, you should look at our guide to Turkey, we have a page which has full information on all the top holiday resorts inTurkey . Take a look and please come back to the forum and tell us what you think!
  • Hello Holiday Gal,

I would really recommend Ichmeler, fantastic place and so beautiful, the people are very charming but not in a sleazy way.
    Ichmeler was so good ive been 4 times and hate to leave it. Stayed in a few places Dursan Apartments which was very basic (very clean) but so close to everything but also very quiet. Cant remembe the other place we stayed but was further out and longer walk to the beach.
    Once you are there you have to try (anyone will know him) the pancakes from the Pancake man, AMAZING.
    If you do decide to go you will have a wonderful time, and you will be hooked

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged