Travelling with family in Spain - advice needed
  • We are planning our first overseas holiday since we had kids. Our plan is to fly into Spain and spend 3 weeks driving around enjoying the food and beaches. We chose Spain because I loved it when i went there 15 years ago and it is pretty safe for family travel with a 2 and 4 year old. Any advice on where to go and how to do it?
  • Check out the Gaudi buildings like Sagrada Familia in Barcelona – kids love his creativity and unique ideas – then go browse the sights and sounds of Las Ramblas. In Madrid, go see the Picasso paintings in the Prado – maybe your kids can tell you what they mean!

The Costa Blanca area is great for child friendly beaches – by that I mean mild waves, warm water, change room facilities and lifeguards – and also plenty of theme parks and water world type places. One of the best water parks in Spain is Aquaola Water Centre, near Granada.

The Spanish style of eating is very well suited for children – just order lots of delicious tapas and your kids can pick at the items they like. These areas also have plenty of good value hotel apartments to rent, most with self-catering so you can buy fresh local ingredients and cook them up yourself. This site has a good list of family-friendly hotels: http://www.travelforkids.com/Family-hotels/Spain/barcelona-family-hotels.htm#ramblas

Good luck - you are brave!
  • Some time in Benidorm is ideal for a family with young Children. 4 Theme parks including a water park, animal park and the famous Terra Mitica. Plus of course 3.5kms of fantastic beaches.

Hotels are really competative with over 200 to choose from.

For ideas and info about the area see www.realbenidorm.net

Enjoy yout trip to Spain - It is a stunning country and the people are so welcoming.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion