Is it worth risking and going without a visa to Turkey?
  • Just found out my bf needs visa from the Turkish Embassy before going there for holidays....

It is not possible to get it on time [our hosl starts 31/07], is it worth risking and still going there without visa?

Will he be refused entry on the turkish airport or they might give him a usual 'stamp visa' as they would for anyone with passport [he has got a certificate of travel issued by UK] when they see all his papers are ok + we have all inclusive hols booked for only one week?

PLease advise...
  • What nationality is your boyfriend?

If Uk or European he would only need to buy a tourist visa on entry to Turkey at the airport.

Have you called the Turkish Embassy in London (or where you live) to try and expediate the process?

I really wouldn't risk just coming and hoping. The passports are scanned etc to check them. I know this as my last visa date stamp was unclear so they checked the records while I waited.
  • He has indefinite leave to remain in the UK and certificate of trave issued by the home office, not a passport so he has to apply and a 'stamp visa' is not enough for him unfortunatelly...

I called Turkish Embassy in London and was told that there was nothing they could do re appointment dates [visa itself takes aprox 3 days]

Thanks for the response anyways
  • I really wouldn't risk just turning up and hoping. Have a word with your travel agent who you booked it through and see if you can change destination. The fee that may be charged will probably be a lot less then you losing your holiday.

Also check whether the Turkish Embassy like some have "a turn up and wait" system for visas - some embassies do.

Sorry not to be able to give you any better advice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged