Trip with children
  • Hi, I am planning to go to Thailand in mid August for 6 days. Can you suggest me an itinerary that a child would love? And are the rains too heavy this year
  • Hello there,

Thailand is brilliant for kids as there's so much to see and do, as well as lots of interesting wildlife. I would definitely recommend a visit to the floating markets, the Erawan Waterfalls not far from Bangkok, as well as the Death Railway (build by POWS and a beautiful trip through the countryside). You can spend a night in a floating hut on a tributary of the River Kwai (although I probably wouldn't recommend this for kids under 7yrs or so), or go for a safari style tent. You can also visito Khao Yai National Park for wildlife safaris.

Then, the islands are just great for children. You'll be able to go snorkelling, take elephant rides, go canoeing, go climbing, take boat trips. The list literally goes on and on. I would perhaps opt for somewhere with a good amount of activities but without too much of a hectic nightlife - Railay Bay is a great spot for activities and Ko Tao, Ko Samui and Ko Pha Ngan are also great. Just avoid the central tourist hotspots on these last three islands, and you'll find some amazing, friendly and safe beaches with plenty going on.

Hope that comes in handy!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion