Where to get a visa in cuba
  • I am flying from nassau, bahamas to havana on bahamasair, which lands at terminal 2, then transiting on to mexico city 3 hours later on aeromexico which departs from terminal 3. Is there any transit visa i can acquire or would it be easier just getting a tourist card?
  • Sorry TimTom no clue.

You used to not require anything if you could prove onward travel within 72 hours, but the last time I did that was several years ago so who knows what the situation is now.

I suspect you'll be fine with nothing, but they might not even allow you to board the aircraft in Nassau without purchasing (a perhaps useless) Tourist Card from them.

Good luck.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I have been reading your blog and find your comments very helpful. Going to Cuba for a wedding, can you clarify if we need to pre-pay our lodging before we go (live in the US but from a central american country) or can we show our reservations and itinerary for the 5 days we are staying there. (Wedding is in Cienfuegos). Thank you very much.
  • There are no Cuban Immigration regulations whatsoever that require you to show proof of accommodation.

Show up with a valid Passport and Tourist Card and you're welcomed with open arms.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Can Israelis travel to Cuba from Canada? Planning a vacation with my husband and leaving from Toronto. I'm Canadian and he's Israeli, will there be any problem with him entering or is it like everyone else and would he just need a valid passport and the tourist card? Thanks!
  • Nationality is immaterial. Everyone gets a Tourist Card when departing from Canada. It's a complete no brainer.

Have fun.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • I am really surprised that no one has asked this, but how MUCH is the tourist card???  Can i pay with US dollars.   Also when I can purchase it at the airport is there a time where the ticket counter closes?  Because I will arrive in mexico city late at night and i have a flight to havana via san salvador quite early in the morning.  also when i fly from san salvador i will only have 1.5 hour layover....so prob it would be best to get my visa while in mexico city right???  if you can answer this as quick as possible i would appreciate it because i would like to purchase my ticket today@!!  thanks!!
  • It's about $20 USD.

Cheers,
    Terry
  • By the way, you may not be allowed to purchase the Tourist Card in Mexico City since that is NOT your flight to Cuba.

You will likely be told to buy the TC at the airport in San Salvador
    since that is your actual departure point for Havana. I assume you're
    flying Taca. You can buy it from them.

Cheers,

Terry
  • If you are travelling to Cuba you will need a Tourist Visa, also known
    as a Tourist Card, to enter the country, along with your passport.  
    Thomas Cook, MyTravel, First Choice/Thomson, Cuba Direct, The Holiday
    Place and The Scuba Place supply these as part of your package holiday
    and send them out usually around two weeks before you fly

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged