What to see and so in Pisa, Tuscany?
  • So I'm off on a short tour of Tuscany and will of course stop in at Pisa, to see the Leaning Tower and take the requisite photographs. I've heard there's a lot more to Pisa than its tower though - can anyone tell me what else I should see and do in this interesting city? I love medieval art and architecture, and am interested in the Galileo heritage linked to Pisa. Where can i get more of that during my 1 day visit? Thanks for any advice, BB
  • In Pisa the places to see are The Tower of Pisa - Piazza dei Miracoli and the Cathedral, Piazza dei Cavalieri and the tower of Count Ugolino (talked about Dante's Divine Comedy).
    But I suggest you take the train and visit Lucca, Montecatini Terme and Collodi.
    Fortunately, the most beautiful cities of Tuscany are well connected with trains and stations are all close to the city center.
    In this way in less than 20 minutes, you can move from the center of Pisa in the center of Lucca. I assure you will not regret.

For a truly exciting experience I suggest wine tasting and cooking school.

On this site http://www.cheap-tuscany.com
    you will find many proposals
    for affordable accommodation.
  • Pisa is great although it will be crowded at this time of year - so get sightseeing early in the morning. Sienna and Florence are also worth visiting, of course. I have just returned from a week in Umbria and visitied Assisi - you should definately visit there also if you have the time.

For more information read our guide to Tuscany.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged