Long-term visa for European countries?
  • I hold a US passport, will be 62 years old when I make my trip, have no intention of working, and would like to stay a year shared between Spain, Italy, France, and the Netherlands. This clearly won't work with the standard Schengen visa, which restricts me to staying 90 days out of every 180. I want to visit some non-Schengen countries, but none of them call me for a 90 day period.

Does anyone know how to stay a year? What visa I need since I won't be working or going to school? I'll be retired and just want to enjoy a year abroad before I need a walker:~}
  • Hello Melodee60,

From the information I gather from your text you want to make a "road trip" through Europe extending the 90-day Visa-Waiver for the Schengen area.

The day you arrive in the Schengen area you 90-day Visa-Waiver starts. So from that day you are permitted to stay inside the Schengen area for 90 days. So a road trip taking a year would require a Visa.

Im not a Visa-expert on this, but there are several Visa's you can apply for each with their own costs. You should see a consulate for more information on Visa's.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Greetings,
    Rutger.
    (Dutch Citizen)
  • Hello,
    I think that Melodee is right about the Schengen Visa. At the end I hope you will spend a great time on the this trip.
  • I am an Indian having working visa for madrid.
    I want to bring my wife and child on dependent visa here.
    This is with regard to documentation for the visa.

my query :

Since local authority already issued me a marriage certificate in April 2010; they said, the same cannot be re-issued again.
    But I will get Marriage Certificate duly legalized in India (Haya Apostille) which will be having validity latest by 3 months by the time of visa application. Will it make me eligible to bring my family here?
  • thanks..for..sharing..
  • Hi,

I am wanting to appy for a working visa to somewhere in europe or the US, I am unsure if I am able to because I am 31 years old....can anyone provide me with information or somewhere to find the information please

thankyou

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion