Help with Spain holiday planning: sun, culture, walking
  • What would you suggest:

I would like to go to Estepona for the period december/january to relax and work from there ( laptop) and just get off the daily hussle of a full working schedule.
    Warmer climate, beautiful Andalusia daytrips into nature, walking along the sea without too many people and cultural cities in the backyard.
    However, I heard that december and January can bring lots of rain and humidity.
    Any better suggestions for mother/daughter stay ( 2 women alone). I thought of Morocco ( Marrakesh, but travelling around Morocco as two females may not be the best idea.
    Who could help? We are NOT looking for fancy jetset places and please , very low number of tourists!!!!
  • Hi Ijsbeer,

The climate on the Costa del Sol in December / January is usually fairly dry. We have actually had the most rain later on in the year - March / April and every year it seems to get later - I have lived on the Costa del Sol for 12yrs now. Marrakesh is nice and although further South has a very similar climate to the Costa del Sol, you don't have the strong maritime influence, nights can be very cold there, particularly around that time period. I have spent a lot of time in Marrakesh as well....it really depends on personal taste, yes there's more hussle than in Spain, my wife doesn't like it...then again, I am very fond of Morocco.

Renting a property is good way to get a feel for the area and save money. Spain-holiday.com have always come very highly recommended and I suggest you have a look. Rentals are directly from the owner, there's no middle man or fees. Good luck with everything....and yes there's no better way to escape the daily hussle of Northern living than moving South for a few months!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged