Do I need Schengen Visa
  • I'm visiting the UK in December. During my stay I want to travel to the Netherlands. Do I need a Schengen Visa if I have a UK Visa?
  • Yes you do. Your UK visa is not part of the schengen deal.
  • Hello Nadia,

It might not be needed for you to get a Visa after all. You have not given enough information to answer that question to the fullest. But I'll post a list of countries that DO need a Visa if their stay is under 90 days.

For David,

You're right that the United Kingdom isnt subject to the laws governing immigration concerning the Schengen area. I just do not see how you can boldly state someone needs a Visa if you don't know what country's passport the person is holding.

Greetings,
    Rutger
    (Dutch Citizen)

The List:

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/schengenvisa/requirements-exemptions.html
  • I am from South Africa and am planning to stay with a friend in Holland over the period 17June to 07 July 2012. Do I need a Schengen Visa to travel to the UK, if yes can I get it that side and at what cost. We are planning to stay about 1 day on that side.
  • Brian

The UK is not part of the Schengen Zone, so if you want to travel to the UK you'll need a UK visa, as well as a Schengen visa for Holland. You can apply for one at your nearest British Consulate in South Africa.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged