Is Belize safe?
  • Is Belize safe? I want to surprise my fiancee with an exotic honeymoon, so to be honest I just picked a country at random. Then I had a bit to drink and bought plane tickets to Belize City (oops!), but now I'm a little worried because I don't really know anything about the country. Is it dangerous? Should I be worried about safety there?
  • Belize is a safe destination over all. Like anywhere there are areas that one should avoid but they are not in the typical tourist areas. It is important to decide what you want to do while there. Belize offers over 5 major Mayan sites, savannah, tropical rainforest, caves and rivers to explore on land, and at sea Belize boasts the second longest reef with hundreds of tropical islands and World class snorkelling. Belize is a marvellous destination. Please feel free to call me for ideas and advice, I have spent the better part of the last 20 years there. www.islandexpeditions.com or 1-800-667-1630. Let me know when you are going.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged