Travel safety in the Philippines
  • Is it safe to travel in the Philippines? I just read the news about a bomb exploding at Zamboanga Airport and I want to know more about travel safety in the Philippines. I've heard many reports of the growing threat of terrorism there, should I rather not travel there or is it still fine in tourist areas? How safe are places like Manila and Cebu?
  • yes theres problems in zanbonga,were his the not.
    lovely part od the southern pennisula of the philippines.
    dont go to far south,can go to dipolog airtport,north of zambonga.
  • I am research student. I have to go to manila for paper presentation and I shall stay there for not more than four five days. Am I required to have visa. I am Pakistani national and currently pursuing studies in Malaysia.
  • I AM A BRITISH NATIONAL AND WISH TO GO INITALLY TO ZAMBOANGA FOR SIX MONTHS AND HOPEFULLY TRAVEL AROUNDTHE WHOLE COUNTRY ARE THERE ANY AREAS I SHOULD AVOID??
  • to all foreigners who would like to visit Philippines... well not all part of the Philippines is critical, you can also visit Davao which is safe to travel and there's a lot of foreigners from western countries,,,
  • i am married to a local girl from manila. she had her engament ring stolen from her in a taxi. and thats a local girl. with the knife at the ready to cut her finger off! so do not display gold or rings that show you have money you may lose it or more....
  • u should travel safe in every city or country becoause you never know what can happen at what time or day so that you should be careful
  • I will love to visit some market in manila, because market is a place to see a country's most original coulture. But i heared that market is dangerous in manila. my friend was attact, i mean surounded by a huge bunch of kids, wanting money from her. And there is even pickpoket among them! My friend losted her money there, lucky she did't brough all of her money with her that time.
  • just like anywhere else in the world, people with not-so-good intentions also exist in manila. i hail from manila, so i would know. what i can advise about safety is that, do not bring all your money with you and don't wear anything flashy so as not to attract much attention. also, be vigilant about your surroundings and keep your belongings close to you. be alert. don't bring anything bulky like huge backpacks because of the possibility that it's bottom side of whichever part could get slashed and something valuable might get stolen.

despite these things, manila is a nice place to visit. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion