Should I go to Mauritius vs Bali
  • Hello All, I am looking for some expert advice!

I have booked a honeymoon for 12 days to Mauritius from 3-15th september 2011 staying in Beau Rivage Honeymoon suite (5* HB) for 4 nights, then moving to Maradiva Villas (5* Luxury Beach front Villa with plunge pool on HB).

My main concerns are over the temperature at that time of year, that I am informed is an average 24-26 degrees celcius. Has anyone been this time of year, what is it like? We are looking to have a relaxing, sunny, warm/hot sunbathing, beach and sea honeymoon where the beach is pretty much on our doorstep.

I have paid a deposit on this but I am willing to loose that if I find the "perfect holiday". The only thing that makes me doubt Mauritius is wanting the temperature to be a couple of degrees higher.

Due to my insecurities about my choice, I have had advice from a travel consultant that Bali would be a good place to travel to, staying near Seminyak, in a 1 bedroom pool villa at The Dunsun on B&B basis for 12 nights ( http://www.the-dusun.com/?ln=en ). But what worries me about Bali, what are the beaches like, the sea? Mosquitos a big problem? Safe? Food? Rain? Travel to get there, 15 1/2 hrs via one stop in Doha!

We are looking for a difficult ideal to find in September, Beach, white sand, heat, near beach, privacy, own pool/plunge pool, good food, character, good picturesque views.

Any opinions would be great
  • Hi Jon,

Mauritius is by far your best option for an honeymoon, the hotels, beaches and food is amazing. And it is the safest option.Not putting down Bali, but its beaches are crowded. The temperature during September is ideal, not too humid not too cold. You will enjoy the sea, sun and the beach. You selected great resorts. If you are looking for extra activities and things to do check www.santoshaguides.com 'A touch of local experience'
    A trip to Ilot Bennitier is a must experience contact details in best attractions events/tours the sea section, Contact Team Albacor (Jerome) or Dream Team (Monica). Our E-Travel Guidebooks Vol.1 Mauritius & Rodrigues Islands is out soon and a travel discount card. Enjoy your honeymoon and trip to Mauritius. SANTOSHA GUIDES
  • Hello Jon
    I have not been to Bali for years, so will be out of date, however I did go to Mauritius in October a few years ago and the weather was not good - cloudy every day and occasionally rainy. I was on the East Coast, which has slightly worse weather than on the other coast due to the prevailing winds.. and the weather is likely to be worse in September than in October. You should do more research before paying up in full. If your budget is not limited, you should consider going to Vamizi (Mozambique), the weather is pretty much guarenteed to be fabulous then and the place is amazing - I was there in January this year. It is more beach chic than big hotel resort and it is on a deserted island off the north coast of Mozambique (a private plane from Dar-es-Salaam). It is unbelievably nice.
  • hi,i`m planning my honeymoon in the month of june 5th to june 11,but i have a confusion between Bali and Mauritious,Can anybody tell me which place weather would be good in terms of humid and hot...,i need to get it urgently...

thanks,soni
  • Hi Soni
    unfortunately its winter in june. I, myself am going in May- this weekend, would have loved to go in April but due to work , i coulnt go. Am already hearing how the weather is changing now, its raining and getting colder.I really hope i get some good weather.
    Not to disappoint u though, i also went in june 5 years ago, and weather was good ( for me) I live in uk, so wasnt cold there. in fact it was cool, not hot nor cold and it was just perfect. was lucky cause it didnt rain. residents however were already wearing jackets and hats, while I was in shorts and sandals. but it's definitely not humid and hot at this time of year, if that's what u want.
    hv a wicked honeymoon.
  • Hi, i am planning my honeymoon around 10th November 2011.Kindly suggest any romantic destinations with pleasant weather.
  • Hi,
    Just wanna know whether going to mauritius in the month of January will be good especially in terms of weather?
  • hi Guys,

I am planning my honeymoon in first week of Dec '11, I am confused between phuket or Mauritius. Can anyone please help me out.
  • I have to go for my honemoon in the end of April and beginning of MAy. Mauritius or Bali - Please suggest so that I can plan accordingly. I know I am late but in terms of weather and all, which one is better???/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion