Dual Citizen: SA and Britain
  • Hi
    I need some assistance with regards to what I should do. I have a SA passport and am in the process of applying for my British Passport, I intend to travel to the UK on holiday in the new year and would like to know if I would still need a visa to enter the Uk because I would need to leave and enter SA on my SA passport
  • Jena - you do not need a visa if entering the UK on your British passport. You exit and enter SA using your South AFrican passport but use your UK one for entering ans exiting the UK.
  • Hi DavidF!
    Same thing happens to me. I'm Portuguese and South African. Under SA law it's forbiden to enter SA with a foreign passport. I gather that i can enter and exit EU with my portuguese passport and enter and exit SA with SA passport. Maybe I have no alternative because I can't use my SA passport on leaving EU because I have no stamp that can proove my stay here for a period no longer than 60 days. But, on entering SA, will they not ask to see the stamp (date) on leaving the EU? Is this all legal, 'cause I want to travel without any problems with the authorities?

Thankyou!
  • AntonioG - the SA authorities don't care about how long you spent in the EU. They have never checked in my experience of 20+ dual passport entries. As a SA citizen you are legally entitled to dual citizenship, so there is no problem with having both if you enter and exit on the SA passport.
  • AS A SOUTH AFRICAN AND ENGAGED TO A LADY THAT HAS A British passport c how long can i work in the u k and if we like it can how long can we stay

BUNNY FERREIRA

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged