Currency in Mozambique
  • As the rate changes in Mozambique, which is where I want to travel to , I am looking daily at Reuters for exchange rates, but I can only see Rand, not Metica (MZN), unless I have missed it. Is there a reason for this, what am I missing here.
  • i think their currency is mittals.
  • I was in Mozambique last year and I am heading up again in a few days. The conversion is about 4mets to 1 rand. Not to sure where you are from but hopefully you can use that as a point of conversion for your currency.
  • Can I ask which airlines you used, and if you went to Moz, did you fly first to Jo'burg. I am flying from the UK. I think my flight will be indirect, Netherlands..? and then from Jo'burg to Inhambane, near my destination.
  • I didn't fly. The trip was all overland with public transport. I live in South Africa so it's just a matter of a 2 busses to get there. However I know that most flights from South Africa to Moz operate through Johannesburg with the exception of the Durban - Maputo route with LAM. I don't think that international airlines from Europe or the Americas fly to Mozambique as it is very close to Johannesburg and LAM only fly within Africa. So I think the route you have booked through Jo'burg is pretty much the standard way of getting there.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion