Where to go in Namibia
  • Where are the best areas to travel in Namibia for tourism. I know that the Skeleton Coast is supposed to be amazing and that Etosha is wonderful, but what are the out of the way places that shouldn't be missed? I've heard great things about trips to Sandwich Bay near Walvis Bay, are there any tours or desert safaris that people can recommend in Namibia?
  • Skeleton Coast is amazing if you have the cash, and Etosha should definitely be on your list. I would add Sossusvlei because the red dunes and blackened tree skeletons are spectacular. Swakopmund is an awesome spot to get into some adventurous activities (sky-diving, quads-biking the dunes), while Luderitz provides you the unique opportunity to visit a ghost town! Finally if you still have time, I'd recommend seeing some of the Kalahari desert in the south east of the country.
  • Skeleton Coast is absolutely fantastic, and for this I suggest you take the Schoemann Skeleton Coast tour. It is the best, a real, ture-to-life, never-to-be-repeated adventure. You fly to new destinations on the Skeleton Coast every day and the scenery is out of this world. The other Skeleton Coast tour has you staying at one location the entire time.
  • I would second the vote for Sossusvlei! Deadvlei and its ancient acacias was just spectacular. Sunrise over Dune 45 was well worth getting up for - even though we hate to get up early!

http://www.ianandwendy.com/OtherTrips/BotswanaNamibia/Namibia

Happy Travels!

Ian and Wendy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion